1) RENTAL REQUIREMENTS. Drivers must provide an identity card or passport, be at least 21 years old with a maximum of 75 and must have a driving license valid for at least one year.
2) DURATION AND EXTENSION OF RENT. The minimum rental period is 2 days (48 hours). Upon expiration of 49 hours the renter will be charged the cost of another day. If the renter wishes to keep the rented vehicle longer than the period he has agreed, he should contact us, to sign the new contract.
3) DELIVERY AND RECEIPT. Upon receipt of the vehicle, the renter will be given the contract, which he has to check, read the terms and sign. He also has to check the vehicle and report any existened damages, which are noted in the contract.
4)PAYMENT CONDITIONS. In order to complete the reservation, the total amount of the reservation is paid or charged. Includes 24% VAT and all legal taxes.In the event of cancellation of a reservation made by the renter within a period of less than 7 days from the scheduled date, the renter will be refunded the amount paid minus 30% of this amount. For cancellation over a longer period, the entire amount will be refunded.
5) FUEL. The car must be delivered with a full tank as was at the beginning of the rental. The renter is obliged to follow the manufacturer’s instructions & always use the correct type of fuel.
6) FACILITIES. The rental includes unlimited mileage and 24th road assistance all over Greece. Baby seat is available at an additional cost of EUR 3 per day, subject to an agreement. Free helmet to renters (in the case of a motorcycle). If second driver is added, additional 3 euros are paid per day.
7) TRANSPORT BY SHIP. Transport of the vehicle is only possible with the consent of Ionian Coast Travel upon agreement.
8) TRANSPORTATION OF VEHICLES OUT OF GREEK BORDERS. It is not possible to transfer the vehicles of Ionian Coast Travel outside of Greek borders.
9)INFRINGEMENTS AND FINES. Fines and administrative penalties made during the rental shall be borne by the renter. If they are not settled until the end of the rental period, the competent authorities will ask for the details of the renter and the fine will be sent by post. In the event of signs being removed during the rental period, the renter will be charged the rental until the receipt of the plates by the competent service.
10) IN CASE OF ACCIDENT OR OTHER EVENT (FIRE / THEFT) THE RENTER IS OBLIGED TO FOLLOW THIS PROCEEDING. Notify the police (100). Record names and addresses from witnesses and those who participated in the incident. Immediately notify Ionian Coast Travel.
11) SAFETY. All rental rates include third-party liability insurance, which includes the following coverage: Body failures of third parties. Material Damage to third parties. Vehicle Fire(car only). Full and Partial Theft(car only). Breakage of Crystals. The renter is responsible for any damage caused to the rented vehicle up to its commercial value at the time of the accident. The renter must pay directly or to charge his card immediately, according to the authorization form that accompanying this contract, for the total cost of repairing or replacing the vehicle, which is assessed directly by Ionian Coast Travel or by third parties authorized by us. Ionian Coast Travel offers an additional insurance option, with additional daily cost, which limit the renter’s liability for damage caused by his fault. F.D.W. – Complete loss of liability. The renter may be totally relieved of liability for damages. The renter will have to pay an additional 10 euros per day. CAUTION!!! NO INSURANCE COVER APPLIES FOR THE FOLLOWING CASES.
- Tires: Any tear, perforation, repair, visible deformation or excessive wear, disproportional to the mileage of the rental.
- Wheels (Rims): Any bump or bending that deforms the wheel or renders it unsuitable for driving.
- Interior: Any burn, tear, perforation, stain or strong smell.
- Floor: Any fracture or other structural damage to the exhaust or any other part of the floor.
- Accessories and equipment: Any item that is missing or damaged.
- The Customer is also liable for any damage arising due to unauthorized repair, subsequent to the above.
- Damage caused because the driver was under the influence of alcohol, drugs or anything that might affect driving ability.
- Damage caused because the driver had violated the road traffic code
- Damages caused by people not listed in the rental agreement.
- Voluntary and mechanical damage to the vehicle caused by the negligence of the renter.
- Damages caused by animals.
- Damage caused by driving to off-road areas where driving is not allowed.
- Loss of personal items inside the car.
12) Ionian Coast Travel WHERE NOT RIGHT TO USE THE CAR or not comply with the terms of the contract has the inalienable right to rescind the contract and to remove the vehicle from the hands of the renter or anyone who owns it on his behalf,without any warning.
13) Ionian Coast Travel has the right to change the terms without previous notice.